You might get assistance with all or element of your lease. ThereвЂ™s no set amount of Housing Benefit and everything you have will depend on whether you rent independently or from a council.
Make use of a advantages calculator to work through that which you might get or check always just exactly just what help that is extra available.
Just how much you receive will depend on:
- your вЂeligibleвЂ™ lease
- when you have a extra room
- your home earnings – including advantages, retirement benefits and cost savings (over ВЈ6,000)
- your position, as an example the chronilogical age of individuals into the household or if some one features an impairment
Your eligible lease could be the quantity utilized to determine your Housing Benefit claim. ItвЂ™s your actual rent plus any solution fees you must spend ( such as for instance for lift maintenance or a laundry that is communal not things such as heating or water prices for your house.
Your Housing Benefit could possibly be paid down if you’re in council or social housing and now have a free room. The decrease is:
- 14% of this вЂeligible rentвЂ™ for 1 bedroom that is spare
- 25% associated with the вЂeligible leaseвЂ™ for just two or higher free rooms
Your eligible lease is ВЈ100 each week, however you have actually 1 bedroom that is spare. Continue reading “Housing Benefit. Council and social housing lease”